Ice-cream! Man how we love ice-cream! ...but...oh the guilt! Yes, a little bit of what you love and makes you happy is a fine, fine thing, but with the hot weather looming thoughout the summer, chomping ice-cream all day long ‘aint gonna be too healthy! So here’s the next best thing! Frozen banana pops! Infinitely customisable, healthy and fun to make! You’ll just have to stop yourself eating too many of these! As they say, too much of a good thing...
BANANA POPS You’ll need:
• ripe bananas
• dark, milk or white chocolate
• colourful sprinkles
• chopped nuts
• fruit yogurts
• wooden lollypop sticks
• greaseproof paper
• a baking tray
• space in your freezer to fit the tray!
• Cover your baking tray with a piece of greaseproof paper.
• Cut your banana in half and gently insert a lollypop stick into each cut end. Do this with as many bananas as you wish.
• Place each half banana on the baking tray and pop into the freezer for at least 3 hours until the bananas are frozen.
• When the bananas are frozen, melt some chocolate and dip each banana into the melted chocolate, or if you prefer, dip the bananas into fruit yogurt instead.
• Rest each coated banana back on the lined baking tray so that they aren’t touching and sprinkle each banana with the topping of your choice, sprinkles or nuts... get really creative.
• Put the tray back into the freezer until the chocolate is set or the yogurt coating is fully frozen.
• When fully frozen, the banana pops can be removed from the tray and stored in the freezer in a ziplock freezer bag to save space.
• Try not to eat too many of these delicious treats! But do enjoy the guilt free feeling when you do!
• TOP TIP: If you want even more dense coverage for your sprikles or nuts, put them in a small cup and when you’ve dipped the bananas in the chocolate or yogurt, dip them straight into the topping and then rest on the tray.
• BE INVENTIVE: If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try stacking smaller pieces of bananas with strawberries onto the lollypop stick? Or instead of dipping the bananas drizzle the chocolate on with a spoon.