Just like us, our cats can be affected by warmer weather. While they may enjoy lying in sunny spots, there is such a thing as too warm - even for a cat. When temperatures start to creep up it’s important to keep an eye on your cat and make sure they stay hydrated and safe in the sun. You can help your cat stay cool in warmer weather by:
• Encouraging them to stay indoors when the sun is at its warmest (usually between 10am and 3pm).
• Providing lots of shady spots for them if they like going outside.
• Keeping their water bowl topped up with fresh water and making sure they have access to water outside too.
• Encouraging them to drink regularly.
• Putting a fan on indoors to keep the air circulating.
Wrapping a frozen bottle of water in a towel and putting it near where your cat sleeps (but NOT directly on