We have the perfect seasonal dessert recipe for you to try! This summer fruit tart is simple, delicious and contains vitamin c-loaded berries, so we like to think it is healthy too - that’s our excuse anyway!
- 1 x 500g block shortcrust pastry
- 3 eggs
- 135g caster sugar
- 125ml double cream
- 225g strawberries, hulled
- 80-100g raspberries
- 80-100g blueberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C for fan assisted ovens/ 400°F/gas mark 6.
- Roll out pastry large enough to line a 23cm/9″ flan tin.
- Blind bake for approx. 18 minutes, removing beans and paper for final 5-7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and sugar together until pale. In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream until just holding in peaks, then gently whisk into the egg mixture.
- Cut half of the strawberries into quarters or sixths depending on size and scatter over base of flan. Gently pour in the egg mixture into flan and return to the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes until mixture is just set. Remove and cool.
- To serve, scatter remaining fruit (quarter the strawberries if desired) over the top and dust with icing sugar.