As Valentine’s Day looms, whether you’re currently in a relationship or not sometimes there’s nothing better than a good ol’ mushy film to curl up and watch. According to the Internet Movie Database, here are the top 10 most romantic films of all time. Which have you seen?
10. Her (2013) In a near future, a lonely writer develops an unlikely relationship with an operating system designed to meet his every need.
9. Groundhog Day (1993) A weatherman finds himself inexplicably living the same day over and over again.
8. Silver Linings Playbook (2012) After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own. 7. Slumdog Millionaire (2008) A Mumbai teen reflects on his upbringing in the slums when he is accused of cheating on the Indian Version of “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
6. Titanic (1997) A seventeen-year-old aristocrat falls in love with a kind but poor artist aboard the luxurious, ill-fated R.M.S. Titanic.
5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) When their relationship turns sour, a couple undergoes a medical procedure to have each other erased from their memories.
4. Singin’ In The Rain (1952) A silent film production company and cast make a difficult transition to sound.
3. Gone With The Wind (1939) A manipulative woman and a roguish man conduct a turbulent romance during the American Civil War and Reconstruction periods.
2. When Harry Met Sally (1989) Harry and Sally have known each other for years, and are very good friends, but they fear sex would ruin the friendship.
1. Casablanca (1942) A cynical nightclub owner protects an old flame and her husband from Nazis in Morocco.