This summer when the temperatures soar, most of us will reach for the ice-creams but consuming cold food may not be the best solution. Eating spicy food makes you sweat, and sweating makes you cool down faster than if you eat cold food. Why not give this easy spicy slow-cooker curry a go!...
Spicy Chicken Curry
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 chicken breasts, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb size piece of ginger (finely chopped)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
3 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tbsp ground coriander
½ tbsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chicken stock
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp sugar
1 can coconut milk
1. Preheat your slow cooker to high. Heat the oil in a large pan, add in the onion and cook on a medium until softened.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, curry powder, paprika and cinnamon.
4. Stir to coat the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in the stock, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and coconut milk.
6. Stir, bring to a gently bubble then pour into your slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
7.Sprinkle with fresh coriander, chopped chillies and serve with rice.